Monday was the first meeting of this year's Young Astronauts and Voyager Club for the 2021-2022 school year at Renaissance Academy. The Voyager Club is for students in grades 6 to 9. The Young Astronaut Club is for students in grades 3 - 5. There are 165 students enrolled in the club this school year. Students are referred to as cadets.
- Welcome to the Club.
- An overview of the Starship Voyager's bridge positions
- Selection of bridge positions for each cadet for the first two meetings.
- Training in those positions in the Voyager simulator.
- A discussion of the club's motto and pledge
- An introduction to the club's point and ranking system
- An introduction to the Farpoint Universe our simulation curriculum uses for missions.
- A video on the New Space Age
- A discussion on the importance of doing well in their math and science classes.
- The meeting ended with pictures showing all the ships in the Space EdVenture Fleets.