The Space Education Center's first Voyager Club meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 28 from 4:30 to 6:00 P.M. at the Space Education Center.
The Voyager Club is open to those students between the ages of 10 and 14 who come to the Space Center on a fairly regular basis and are looking for a way to increase their class hours for a Space Center rank. These students must have a sincere desire to learn more about space, aviation, science and science fiction. Other details about the Voyager Club are listed below:
- There is no charge for attending
- The club meets twice each month. Each meeting is held on a different day of the week to accommodate student's busy schedules. Meeting dates and times are announced two weeks in advance on the blog and through the Frequent Flyer email list.
- You are allowed to attend ONCE a month. The two monthly meetings cover the same topic. The lesson topic will change each month.
- Lesson topics may or may not be announced ahead of time.
- You must wear your Space Center T shirt to attend. If you don't have a shirt you may purchase one at the Center for $10.00.
- You must register for each meeting ahead of time. This is done only by email. If your name is not on the register you may be asked to leave. The lesson is taught in the Center's Discovery Room. It can hold 30 people max. That is why you must pre-register to attend.
- The instructors are Center employees. There may be an occasional special speaker.
- At the end of each meeting participants are issued a certificate for 1.5 class hours. The certificates are added to your rank when you attend your next Overnight Camp or Super Saturday. Extra class hours are awarded at the end of every grading term for report cards that have no grades lower than a C.
- These meetings are not Boy Scout merit badge classes. We do not know if the subjects we cover will help satisfy merit badge requirements.
- Parents are allowed to wait in the school lobby. There are a limited number of seats in the room and they must be reserved for our students. We expect more students wanting to attend then we have room for.
If you'd like to attend please send an email to the Space Education Center through the web site's "Contact Us" section. An email 'Ticket' will be emailed back to you.