The next Voyager Club meetings will be held on December 11th. Alpha Group will meet 4:30 - 6:00 and Beta Group will meet 7:00 - 8:30.
The topic of our next meetings will be: "How Star Trek Changed the World." We will be watching a History Channel documentary about the evolution of modern technology and how Star Trek and science fiction influenced the engineers of the past, present and future! We will also be having a group discussion/debate on the subject.
What is the Voyager Club and how can you be apart of this new group?
The Voyager Club is open to students who love attending Space Center camps – classes and want to earn higher Space Center Rank. Club meetings, activities and educational programs will focus on space science, aviation, communication, team building, leadership and science fiction. Other details about the Voyager Club listed below:
- There is no charge for attending
- Class hours are awarded at the end of each meeting for attendance. Extra class hours are awarded at the end of each term to members that have no grades lower than a C.
- The Club meets once each month. Meeting dates and times are announced two weeks in advance on this blog and through the Frequent Flyer email list.
- You are allowed to attend ONCE a month. Lesson topics and objectives will change each month.
- Lesson topics and objectives may or may not be announced ahead of time.
- You must wear your Space Center T-Shirt to attend. If you don't have a shirt you may purchase one at the Center for $10.00 (Shirts available on Dec. 9)
- You must register for each meeting ahead of time. This is done only by email. If your name is not on the register you may be asked to leave. The lesson is taught in the Space Center's Discovery Room, which can only handle occupancy of 30 max. That is why you must pre-register to attend.
- The instructors are Center employees. There may be occasional special speakers.
- These meetings are not merit badge classes.
- Simulators may be used in class sessions, but not promised and not on a regular basis.
Once again, we are looking for students with an interest in learning and increasing your rank at the Space Center.
If you'd like to attend a meeting in December please send an email to the Space Center through the web site's "Contact Us" section. An email 'Ticket' will be emailed back to you.
We look forward to having you in attendance!