Several of you sent emails requesting information on the Galileo. I'll take a moment and being everyone up to date.
- The Galileo is back at Scenic Services in Lindon where it is being reassembled by Kyle Herring and his team.
- Chairs and desks are being installed. Touch screens, computer and network cables are being installed. Additional work on the power system is being done.
- The Galileo will be brought to the Space Center September 14th and parked next to 'old' Galileo. Equipment from the current Galileo will be installed in the new Galileo.
- The current Galileo will be taken apart. We are trying to find a buyer. We'd to find it a good home.
- The new Galileo will open for missions once the computer programs are written.
- I'm guessing the Galileo will open for missions around the middle of September.
- The Galileo officially opens on November 8, 2009 as part of the Space Center's 19th Birthday Celebrations!